You asked, we listened! Based on members’ feedback, we will be changing our business hours. Beginning January 1, 2020, our new business hours will be 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding City holidays.
The Board of Fire and Police Pension Commissioners held a special hearing to determine the future of the Fund’s contract with Fisher Asset Management. After a lengthy and deliberative discussion, the Board voted to terminate its contract with Fisher for management of an international large cap equity portfolio.
- DROP Semi-Annual Statements
- 2018 Annual Active Member Statements
- Customer Service Efficiency
- Board Elects New Officers
- Farewell Commissioner George Aliano
LAFPP is currently working toward transitioning all of our pensioners from paper checks to direct deposit. 97% of our pensioners currently use direct deposit to safely and quickly receive their monthly pension payments.
Direct deposit provides the following benefits:
On May 2, 2019, the Board of Fire and Police Pension Commissioners approved a 5.5 percent increase to the non-Medicare health subsidy. The new non-Medicare health subsidy maximum is $1,820.29 per month, effective July 1, 2019.
- Pension Payments – New Look
- 2019 Health and Dental Subsidy Updates
- 2019 Medicare Part B Reimbursement
- New Health Plan/Dental Plan Administrator Contracts
- Save time with Direct Deposit
The new MyLAFPP has officially been launched! Active, DROP and Retired Members plus beneficiaries have convenient access to personalized benefit information and services all in one pension administration system.
On June 20, 2019, George Aliano attended his last official meeting as Commissioner of the Board of Fire and Police Pensions (Board).