Term Expiration: June 30, 2023
Brian Pendleton is a Los Angeles based philanthropist, activist & entrepreneur. As founder and board member of CauseForce, Pendleton used his personal experience, entrepreneurial vision and motivating style to lead a workforce of over 150 employees deploying programs that raised over $800 million for life-saving research and care for premier institutes around the world. Adding his other professional efforts, Pendleton has raised over 1 billion dollars for charity. In 2013, he sold his company and now volunteers his time mentoring, supporting and advising individuals and organizations
Privately, Pendleton spends his time working in the community and supporting charities. He works to help communities gain access to academic facilities, scholarship programs and receive life saving medical support:
- Appointed by LA Mayor Eric Garcetti, Commissioner Pendleton sits on the 9 person Los Angeles City Police and Fire Pension Board.
- Appointed by former Mayor John Duran, Brian served on the West Hollywood Transportation Commission in the city of West Hollywood
- The “Goldman-Pendleton West Hollywood Library Mall” in West Hollywood, CA is a landmark facility for the community’s commitment to lifelong learning.
- In the Philippines, two state-of-the-art “Pendleton-Goldman Learning Centers,” are serving local communities to help break the generational cycle of poverty in their communities.
- The Goldman-Pendleton Language Learning Center and several scholarship funds at the University of Tennessee.
- The Pendleton-Goldman PrEP clinic provides HIV education and prevention to underserved individuals in South Los Angeles.
- Pendleton has served as Chairman of the Board of Directors - Trevor Project, and served on the Board of Governors – Human Rights Campaign.
- Past awards include
- Out100 Award – Out Magazine’s list of the LGBT community’s most influential members.
- 2015 PREA Rich Chicotel Award – LGBT inclusiveness in Public Pension Funds.
- 2014 State Farm Good Neighbor Award – GMCLA
2014 Community Impact Award – The Los Angeles Association for Corporate Growth
- His proudest achievement is his marriage to Chad Goldman… his much better half.