How to Update Mailing Address

Post Retired Members

Retired members, this is the easiest and fastest way to update your mailing address.

If you wish to submit a future or temporary change of address or prefer to mail us your address change, please download and submit a completed Change of Address form to the Retirement Service Section. 

Important: In order to access your information, you must first register to the MyLAFPP member portal. Please refer to the MyLAFPP Helpdesk on how to register and other helpful self-service “How-to’s.”


Things to consider:

Foreign Change of Address

If you have a foreign change of address, you must submit a completed Change of Address Form to the Retirement Services Section, and one of the following for approval:

1. If you are a U.S. citizen, you are required to submit a completed Form W-9 Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification, available on the IRS website.

2. If you are a Non-U.S. citizen, you are required to submit a Form W-8BEN Certificate of Foreign Status, available on the IRS website.

State Tax Withholding

If you move to another state, you cannot withhold non-California state taxes as LAFPP does not accept tax forms for non-California states and LAFPP staff cannot input non-California tax withholding elections.

California residents may elect to withhold California state taxes also by completing and mailing an Income Tax Withholding Form to LAFPP. See HOW TO: Change Your Monthly Income Tax Withholding for Your Pension Payments for more information.


STEP 1: Log in to MyLAFPP. Enter your username and password, then click Log In.

Important: Usernames and Passwords are case sensitive.

STEP 2: Click on the “+” symbol next to Personal Information, then click Personal Details.

STEP 3: Click Update Address

STEP 4: Complete the required field, then click Submit.


Important note for Retirees: You must also update your address in Retiree Benefits. Follow the steps below.

STEP 1: Click on the “+” symbol next to Retiree Benefits.

STEP 2: Click Pension Payment

STEP 3: Click Update Pension Payment. Enter your Payment method and information, then confirm your new address at the bottom and click Submit. 

Even if your new address is showing, you will need to click submit. 

Contact Us

If you require further assistance please contact the Retirement Services Section at (213) 279-3125 or (844) 885-2377, Monday-Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (PDT), excluding weekends and City Holidays.