TAX SEASON – 1099-R INFORMATION
As you prepare to file your taxes, here’s how to obtain your 2019 Tax Form 1099-R information:
To be mailed on January 31, 2020
A hard copy of your 1099-R tax form will be mailed to your address on file via US mail on January 31, 2020. If you have questions regarding Form 1099-R, please review the Frequently Asked Questions on our website or contact the Accounting Section at (213) 279-3040 or (844) 88-LAFPP ext. 93040.
Some members may receive more than one 1099-R tax form in a year. Here are some of the possible reasons:
- You exited DROP and received at least one monthly pension payment in the same year (one 1099-R for DROP, one 1099-R for monthly pension payments)
- You have a non-tax dependent covered on your LAFPP-subsidized health insurance plan (e.g., domestic partner or child of a domestic partner)
- Your IRS tax distribution code changed during the year (e.g., when member attains 59 ½ years old by June of the same year)
- You moved to a different state during the year
- You received pension payments based on your City service and from a qualified domestic relations order (QDRO) or as a beneficiary
Need to make changes to your income tax withholdings?
Make them electronically through the MyLAFPP Portal! You can make your changes in 5 easy steps:
- Access MyLAFPP
- Click Retiree Benefits
- Click Tax Withholding
- Click Update Pension Tax Withholding Instructions
- Fill in all the information. Please fill in all the information even if you are only changing either Federal or State of California withholdings.
- Click Submit
IMPORTANT NOTE: In addition to Federal taxes, LAFPP is responsible for tax withholding only in the state of California. Since LAFPP does not have an operating business presence in other states, we do not offer tax withholding for states other than California.
For questions, please contact the Retirement Services Section at (213) 279-3125 or (844) 88-LAFPP, ext. 93125.