Sam Diannitto Boardroom Dedication
On May 19, 2016, the Board of Fire and Police Pension Commissioners (Board) formally dedicated the Boardroom in the new LAFPP office building to Sam Diannitto.
On May 19, 2016, the Board of Fire and Police Pension Commissioners (Board) formally dedicated the Boardroom in the new LAFPP office building to Sam Diannitto. Commissioner Diannitto is the current Retired Fire Board Representative and has served on the Board for over 40 years. He was honored by his fellow Board members, family, LAFPP staff, and other stakeholders from the affiliated unions and associations of both LAPD and LAFD.
General Manager Ray Ciranna presented a timeline of noteworthy achievements.
- In 1972, Commissioner Diannitto was elected to the Board to serve as the active Fire Department representative. He was re-elected and served an additional four terms.
- In 1997, he retired after 43 years of dedicated service as an Assistant Fire Chief of the Los Angeles Fire Department.
- In June 2000, Commissioner Diannitto was elected to serve as the retired Fire member representative and has held this position since that time. His current term ends on June 30, 2020.
His other distinguished service includes:
- Vice President of the National Conference on Public Employee Retirement Systems (NCPERS)
- President of the United Firefighters of Los Angeles City
- Chairperson and member of the Public Employees Committee of the International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans
- Membership in various associations, including USC Alumni, Fire Chief Officers, NCPERS, International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans, and Government Finance Officers.
Commissioner Diannitto has always been a strong advocate for the members of the LAFPP system and we are proud to recognize his long history of commitment and dedication. Congratulations to Commissioner Diannitto!