Los Angeles Fire and Police Pensions (LAFPP or the Plan) requests proposals from firms to develop and conduct financial planning education seminars for the sworn active and DROP membership of LAFPP. The selected firm will develop and present objective and customized financial planning presentations, along with other related retirement planning topics such as estate planning, long term care and aging. The seminars should be designed to suit the needs of members at various stages of their career. The vendor will conduct approximately up to 24 courses per year.
The Board desires to retain qualified Emerging Investment Management firms to manage a portion of the Plan’s Small-Cap Domestic Equity assets. The account size may be approximately $25 million – $50 million per firm. The number of mandates awarded depends on the responses received and their fit with the existing LAFPP Domestic Equity portfolio. Firms meeting the below-listed minimum criteria are invited to complete and return the Request for Proposal (RFP) Questionnaire and supporting documents discussed below.
Qualifying firms must:
- Have no more than $2 billion of assets under management.
- Have a minimum of $30 million of institutional assets under management.
- Have a minimum of $10 million of assets under management in the strategy being proposed for consideration.
- A minimum of five years of experience for the Portfolio Manager managing the strategy as of June 30, 2019.
- A minimum of one year of operation as an investment management firm as of June 30, 2019.
- The strategy must be available in a separate account vehicle.
- Have at least one tax-exempt client.
It is LAFPP’s goal to provide a secure environment for all LAFPP employees and visitors and to make our offices accessible to you. If you have an upcoming appointment or need to stop by, please note the following to plan your visit.
Identification Required to Enter Building
Any person entering the LAFPP offices must present a driver’s license or other form of government-issued picture ID. Anyone without a valid form of identification will not be allowed to enter into the LAFPP offices. This includes any guests you may bring with you.
Active Member Services
Communications & Education
Contracting opportunities with LAFPP.