LAFPP Benefits Information
Webinars and On-Demand Videos
Live webinars and on-demand training videos for your convenience. Easily gain information and the knowledge you need via easily accessible means.
Why spend money on gas and an hour in traffic just to learn about your benefits? With our webinars, you can attend the meeting from the comfort of your home or anywhere else – in the world! Our virtual events are responsive to your educational needs and formatted to fit your schedule. Events are live and hosted by LAFPP staff ready to answer your burning pensions questions.
Scroll down to find the seminar that’s right for you!
These free seminars are designed to help active members at various stages of their careers better understand LAFPP pension benefits. (Click to view our Financial Planning Education series.)
Benefits Information Series – All Active Members
A series of webinars designed to fit within your busy schedule, these informative sessions will get you on the path to understanding your benefits. DROP Members are encouraged to attend Part 2 and Part 3B of the series.
- Part 1: Understanding Your Plan – The Three Types of LAFPP Pensions (1.5 hrs.)
This webinar provides an overview of your retirement benefits. Topics include: Retirement Eligibility Requirements, How to Calculate Your Pension, Disability Pensions and Process, Survivor Benefits Pre- and Post-Retirement (All attendees will be required to download a retirement estimate from MyLAFPP).
Date Time September 14, 2022 2:00pm – 3:30pm October 19, 2022 10:00am – 11:30am
- Part 2: Health Benefits – Insurance in Retirement (1 hr.)
Examine how retirement affects your health insurance benefits and what you need to know about your coverage. Topics include: Defining Subsidies, Health Subsidy Eligibility, Frozen vs. Non-Frozen Subsidy, Medicare and Your Dental Subsidy Eligibility.
Date Time September 8, 2022 2:00pm – 3:00pm October 13, 2022 10:00am – 11:00am
- Part 3: Service Retirement and DROP Entry – Application Process (1.5 hr.)
Topics include: Preparing for Service Retirement, What is DROP, DROP Provisions, Eligibility Requirements, Preparing for DROP Entry (All attendees will be required to download a retirement and DROP Entry estimate from MyLAFPP).
Date Time September 15, 2022 2:00pm – 3:30pm October 20, 2022 10:00am – 11:30am
- Evening Session: Summary of Pension Benefits (1.5 hrs.) Combining information from the 3 webinars, this session will provide you with a comprehensive review of your benefits. Topics include: Retirement Eligibility Requirements, How to Calculate Your Pension, Disability Pensions and Process, Survivor Benefits Pre- and Post-Retirement, Health Benefits, and DROP Information (All attendees will be required to download a retirement estimate from MyLAFPP).
Date Time To Be Announced
On-Demand Benefits Presentation
Is your team eager to learn about LAFPP pension and retirement benefits? Book an appointment with the Communications and Education team to provide a 2.5 hours presentation about your benefits for your station/division. Let us break down your pension estimates and talk to you about the differences in Member Tiers. Call us at (213) 279-3155 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
With no drop off in service, a virtual presentation via the Zoom platform is the fastest and most convenient way to proactively learn about your pension benefits.
Benefits Video Series
- Service Retirement: LAFPP Pension Basics
- Disability Retirement: Foreseeing the Unforeseen
- Survivor Benefits: Planning for Your Family’s Financial Future
- Retiree Medical & Dental: Covering the Coverage
- DROP Entry vs. Service Retirement: Managing Expectations
Focus on Tier 6: A Walk to Remember
For our new Tier 6 members, we’ve created a walk-through designed to provide valuable pension benefits education. This virtual road map is built to help new members get a better understanding of what it means to be a part of the LAFPP Plan. Click here to access.
If you have any questions, you may contact the Communications & Education Section at (213) 279-3155 or (844) 88-LAFPP.